Based on the U.S. Surgeon General’s Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, this Be a Source of Support for Others resource (from our What Young People Can Do series) highlights 7 important steps that children and young people can take to provide support to others.
- Talk about mental health.
- Listen to your friends and family.
- Connect others to resources.
- Advocate for your ideas.
- Make your voice heard.
- Join a youth support program.
- Reduce mental health stigma.
To read the full Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, please visit: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-youth-mental-health-advisory.pdf