Based on the U.S. Surgeon General’s Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, this Be Intentional about Your Use of Social Media, Video Games, and Other Technologies resource (from our What Young People Can Do series) highlights 7 important steps that children and young people can take to use technology wisely.
- Limit your screen time.
- Engage in ‘offline’ activities every day.
- Pay attention to your online content.
- Ask yourself “How does technology make you feel?”
- Ask yourself “Do you enjoy being online?”
- Remember to take a break.
- Develop positive technology habits.
To read the full Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, please visit: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-youth-mental-health-advisory.pdf