Based on the U.S. Surgeon General’s Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, this Help children and youth develop strong, safe, stable, and healthy relationships with adults and peers resource (from our What Families and Caregivers Can Do series) highlights 7 important steps that families and caregivers can take to help children and young people develop healthy relationships with adults and peers.
- Spend time with your children.
- Engage in meaningful activities.
- Show your love and acceptance.
- Share your praise.
- Listen and communicate openly.
- Encourage your children to ask for help.
- Encourage healthy relationships.
To read the full Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, please visit: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-youth-mental-health-advisory.pdf