Based on the U.S. Surgeon General’s Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, this Invest in Healthy Relationships resource (from our What Young People Can Do series) highlights 7 important steps that children and young people can take to build supportive relationships with others.
- Develop strong social skills.
- Make positive decisions.
- Resist negative peer pressure.
- Learn conflict resolution strategies.
- Spend time with others.
- Communicate openly & honestly.
- Get involved in activities.
To read the full Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, please visit: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-youth-mental-health-advisory.pdf