Based on the U.S. Surgeon General’s Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, this Learn and Practice Techniques to Manage Stress and Other Difficult Emotions resource (from our What Young People Can Do series) highlights 7 important steps that children and young people can take when they are experiencing stress and other difficult emotions.
- Know the signs of stress.
- Understand what stress can cause over time.
- Learn to cope.
- Use meditation & breathing exercises.
- Use time management skills.
- Talk to someone when experiencing stress.
- Reach out to crisis support services if you need help right now.
To read the full Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, please visit: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-youth-mental-health-advisory.pdf