Starting with the class of 2023, Ohio students are required to create and maintain a graduation plan that takes into account the various pathways towards graduation. While this requirement is Ohio specific, it does highlight the flexibility Abre carries when supporting state legislative priorities. You can do a lot with Abre. As a connective education platform, it naturally lends itself to school and district frameworks.
This playbook demonstrates how schools can use Abre for their student graduation plans.
If you’re curious about the details of Ohio’s graduation plan requirements, you can visit the Department of Education’s Website. In general, the plan and framework should:
- Be developed WITH the student and the school;
- Contain the pathway and requirements for graduation;
- Document progress (or lack of progress) towards meeting those requirements;
- Contain criteria and procedures for identifying at-risk students, provide those students with supports;
- Contain career advisements;
- Include notifications and communications with parents and students.
Ideally, you want this framework to be efficient, simple, and transparent to achieve its objective of helping students graduate. Abre can help.
Milestones in this Playbook
- Milestone 1: Creating the Plan
- Milestone 2: Completing the Plan
- Milestone 3: Diploma Seals
- Milestone 4: Communications