Based on the U.S. Surgeon General’s Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, this resource (from our What Young People Can Do series) highlights 5 mental health statistics that demonstrate how common mental health challenges are among children and young people.
- 1 in 5 youth experiences high levels of traumatic adverse childhood experiences.
- 1 in 6 youth experiences significant impairments in life functioning due to a mental health diagnosis (e.g., ADHD, behavioral concerns, conduct disorder, anxiety, and/or depression).
- 1 in 4 youth is bullied by peers.
- 1 in 4 youth grows up in poverty and may be exposed to violence, chronic insecurity, loss, hardship, and disruption of life.
- 1 in 10 adolescents is a victim of physical violence by a dating partner.
To read the full Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, please visit: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-youth-mental-health-advisory.pdf
There are no reviews yet.