Screening for Sadness, Depression, & Mood Regulation Problems can help with early identification of young people who are at-risk or in need of intervention; young people receiving earlier services than they otherwise would; and preventing the need for more intensive services in the future.
The screening tools include:
- Center for Epidemiological Studies Depression Scale for Children (CES-DC)
- Depression, Anxiety, and Stress Scales (DASS)
- Depression Mental Health Test (Mental Health America)
- Kutcher Adolescent Depression Scale (KADS)
- Revised Children’s Anxiety and Depression Scale (RCADS)
This resource is part of the Depression series of Early Intervention resources developed by Miami University’s Center for School-Based Mental Health Programs (CSBMHP) and the Ohio Mental Health Network for School Success (OMHNSS) as part of the Early Intervention Initiative (funded by the Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services, grant #2200368, https://mha.ohio.gov/).