Self-Care: 5 Things to Remember When You’re Depressed provides five strategies to help reduce your symptoms of depression and remind you that better things are coming for your life.
The 5 strategies include:
- Remember your current situation is not your final destination. There’s more to your life.
- Remember what you don’t release will increase. Never keep your battles silent, talk to someone.
- Remember this chapter is not your story. This moment is not your Identity. This pain is not your life.
- Remember depression is the absence of appreciation. It’s hard to feel depressed when you find reasons why you’re blessed.
- Remember Your heart will heal. Yours tears will dry. This pain will end. Depression is real, but so is deliverance.
This resource is part of the Depression series of Early Intervention resources developed by Miami University’s Center for School-Based Mental Health Programs (CSBMHP) and the Ohio Mental Health Network for School Success (OMHNSS) as part of the Early Intervention Initiative (funded by the Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services, grant #2200368, https://mha.ohio.gov/).