Based on the U.S.Surgeon General’s Protecting Youth Mental Health Advisory, this resource (from our What Young People Can Do Series) highlights 8 important steps that children and young people can take to protect, improve, and advocate for their mental health and that of their family, friends, and neighbors.
- Remember that mental health challenges are real, common, and treatable.
- Ask for help.
- Invest in healthy relationships.
- Find ways to serve.
- Learn and practice techniques to manage stress and other difficult emotions.
- Take care of your body and mind.
- Be intentional about your use of social media, video games, and other technologies.
- Be a source of support for others.
To read the full Protecting Youth Mental Health Advisory, please visit: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-youth-mental-health-advisory.pdf