Based on the U.S. Surgeon General’s Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, this Be attentive to how children and youth spend time online resource (from our What Families and Caregivers Can Do series) highlights 7 important steps that families and caregivers can take to ensure that children and young people are using technology safely.
- Encourage appropriate use of technology.
- Talk about negative online experiences.
- Think about their time spent online.
- Think about the content being viewed.
- Think about impact of being online.
- Talk about social media.
- Discuss ways to take a break.
To read the full Protecting Youth Mental Health advisory, please visit: https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/surgeon-general-youth-mental-health-advisory.pdf