- Help students build close relationships.
- Focus on purpose and belonging.
- Enforce anti-bullying policies.
- Promote healthy environments.
- Talk about mental health.
- Use inclusive language.
- Make district-wide changes.
7 important steps that educators, school staff, and school districts can take to create safe school environments for children and young people.
Miami University of Ohio, Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
SAMHSA developed a guide that shares ways communities can promote wellness. In addition to creating socially inclusive environments and partnerships, communities also can reach out to local media organizations and public opinion leaders to encourage wellness events and further their impact.