Screening for Suicidal Feelings, Thoughts, and Behaviors that can help with early identification of young people who are at-risk or in need of intervention; young people receiving earlier services than they otherwise would; and preventing the need for more intensive services in the future.The screening tools include:
- Ask Suicide- Screening Questions (ASQ) Toolkit
- Columbia- Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS)
- Kutcher Adolescent Depression Scale- 6 (KADS-6)
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9 Modified for Teens
- Suicide Assessment Five-step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T)
This resource is part of the Depression series of Early Intervention resources developed by Miami University’s Center for School-Based Mental Health Programs (CSBMHP) and the Ohio Mental HealthNetwork for School Success (OMHNSS) as part of the Early Intervention Initiative (funded by the Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services, grant #2300293, https://mha.ohio.gov/).